Bambi Cape: Finished!

July 26, 2011


My little Bambi cape has taken shape over a period of time, (you can read how I made Flower the Skunk here and Bambi himself here).  It took longer than anticipated, but I am so pleased I put the time in, as the finished result is just so gorgeous - well I think so anyway!

Now the two friends sit within a brightly coloured wildflower meadow by a cute red toadstool and joined by a fluttering butterfly.

Loving that this cape will be so versatile - she can wear it over a sweater in winter, and with the soft colouring of the velvet it will also be great over a dress on a summer evening.  As it is fully reversible the lining is important, so the cute "strawberry patch" print ensures it's just as cute when reversed too!

I can't wait to see pics of her wearing this little number!  Hopefully it will become a favourite item in her wardrobe.

xx

3 comments:

  1. This is just unbelievable. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful detailing and just perfect for a little girl! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this cape-as well as the pattern inside. I do have to say- I never even knew Bambi was a boy until I was 20... 0_0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pay you any amount of money to have this in my size <3

    ReplyDelete