Bambi Cape: Part 2

July 05, 2011

My Bambi themed hooded cape which I shared the beginnings of with you last week has a new addition!  So far Flower the Skunk is finished (featured here), and although I was planning on doing Thumper next - this weeks effort involved stitching Bambi himself.

Starting off with the body I added the darker brown areas on his head and back, then pink for his ears. A lighter patch on his chest and belly to add a little definition, then of course the classic spots on his back.

I was a smidgen perplexed about the colour of Bambi, as the background fabric of the cape is a pinky apricot shade.  Bambi in his true colour seemed to blend into the background.  I ended up trying him in three different colours before finally deciding on this one!

The facial features always take the longest and often involve me doing them quite a few times to get them just how I want them.

His face took me the entire afternoon to complete, and I am so happy with the finished result.  He looks happy and friendly at the same time I think.

Bambi eventually will be standing in a glade of wildflowers with two of his closest friends.  The reason why you don't see any detailing on his hooves - they will be beneath the blooms.  Yay!

Hopefully next week I will be able to share Thumper with you :)

1 comment:

  1. Cuuuuute!! This is going to be adorable! Can't wait to see the finished cape! :)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.