Many of you have asked for larger sizes as your children have grown since the original patterns were made available some years ago. As winter is coming I thought it would be a good time to work on them and now they are finally in the shop!
There have been lots of new additions, upgrades and fun features added to these new coat patterns. I do plan to update all the Big Little patterns with the added new features, and re-release them as and when they are ready. Oooh exciting.
So what is new?
* Layered pattern pieces which means you can select to print only the size you wish making it simple and easy.
* Universal "print & cut" pattern pieces. No coloured ink or scaling required.
* Will print perfectly on both A4 and US letter sized paper.
* Clear and simple page assembly diagrams - no confusion as to how to join your pattern pieces together.
* Gorgeous step-by-step tutorials providing simple yet extensive detail
* Lengthening/shortening provisions to customise your pattern
* Size charts
* Fabric requirement charts in multiple fabric widths
* Inspiration pages showing multiple versions of the pattern sewn up in different sizes and styles
* Added size ranges and in some cases a "size upgrade pack" so you can purchase just the larger pattern pieces for a smaller cost.
You also have the option to join the Big Little Patterns Facebook group for pattern support - a place to share pics, ask questions and discuss your "makes"with myself and other Big Little lovers.
The new patterns released with these features are:
Pixie Hood Coat - Sizes 1-14
Classic Pea Coat - Sizes 1-14
and the SIZE UPGRADE for the Pixie Hood Coat (Pattern pieces only in sizes 7-14)
and today is the launch of the Ladies Pixie Coat!
Everything you love about the children's version in ladies sizes (6-18) including options for the pixie hood, classic round hood and collar. It is the perfect pattern for those of you who love up-cycling vintage blankets into warm and cosy garments for winter. A super-simple-sew with no button holes or zips to trip you up - a beginner can sew this and feel very proud!
It is on a launch sale today and tomorrow - you will find the 25% discount code within the listing here in my Etsy shop: Ladies Pixie Coat. Alternatively you can find buttons to purchase all the new coat patterns at the bottom of this post.
With our new baby arriving very soon, it is time to lessen the time pressure on myself and take it slowly for a while.
I fully plan to soak up all that newborn goodness for as long as it lasts and when I am ready to start thinking about lovely little garments again - I will focus on updating and creating new patterns instead of making actual garments. This means I can do it in my own schedule, in increments of time as it becomes available which is far more manageable for this girl who has trouble taking things slowly :)
I'm so excited about this new direction for Big Little, and I hope you enjoy all the improvements too.
Much love and happy sewing,
(Photo credits: Kaile Myers, Roxanne Kennedy, and Sophie)
Buy Pattern Buy Pattern Buy Pattern